Coaches of senior executives bring unique skills to their work. They must be able to challenge an executive on a personal level, in ways that drive leadership transformation and organizational results. The Executive Coaching Certificate program from the Leadership Learning Collaborative will take your leadership coaching to a deeper and more credible level. You’ll learn:
- Competencies necessary to coach senior executives to transform themselves and their organizations.
- Signature presence, so that the greatest tool you bring to coaching executives is your own unique presence. You’ll be clearer, more confident and able to bring your own experience with deep, direct and powerful connection.
- The world of the senior executive, understanding the executive’s experience and worldview, and the priorities, challenges and dilemmas each high-level leader addresses every day.
Engaging in transformational leadership with executives and their organizations is not for the timid. It demands courage and sophistication in dealing with real-time challenges such as matrix-based organizations and the complexities of corporate culture. It requires comfort with individual and organizational resistance. And it demands that you are comfortable coaching leaders as they learn to integrate strategies for transformation through your effective coaching.
As you consider whether you’re ready for this challenge, the information on the right can help. Take a look, and imagine yourself coaching people making decisions at the highest level.
The ECC program is experiential and practice-based. Participants learn to develop executive leaders while strengthening their own high-level coaching skills. Participants will also have the continued support of respected leadership development practitioners and colleagues as they apply their new skills.
The course includes:
- Development of an on-going learning community: Faculty and participants are responsible for contributing to the learning of the group. The resulting learning communities often choose to continue learning together after the completion of the course.
- Individual coaching sessions: Participants receive individual coaching from a faculty coach. They work on their own leadership and issues they are grappling with in their coaching of others. This “scaffolded” approach includes feedback and debriefing of actions and outcomes.
- Exploration of advanced theories and practices for executive coaching and organizational change.
- Training to apply 360° instruments in the executive coaching process: Participants will engage in their own 360° process then learn to use, and actually implement, a 360 with an executive coachee.
- Pro bono coaching practicum: Participants practice their developing coaching skills by providing coaching on a pro bono basis to senior executives.
- Formal evaluation: Participants demonstrate their executive coaching skills in real-time coaching sessions and craft a final paper that explores and integrates what they have learned during the course.
This course is for experienced leaders, human resources staff, consultants, coaches and leadership coaches who have taken the Leadership Coaching Certificate Program or an equivalent. Enrollment is taking place now for the next cohort.
2011 tuition and course dates for busy professionals
Tuition for the course is $8,500 and covers all reading materials. It begins this Fall, 2011. For more information, please call Mary Beyer at the UR Warner Center, at 585-275-2616.
- Welcome Dinner: September 28, 2011
- Module I: September 29-30
- Module II: November 17-18
- Module III: January 19-20, 2012
The Leadership Learning Collaborative is dedicated to expanding the capacity of leaders at all levels to drive transformational change. Its leaders believe that developing leaders capable of unleashing the potential of others requires the expertise and perspectives of academia, business and the community.
Founded in 2008, the collaborative is an association between the University of Rochester’s Warner Center and McArdle Ramerman & Company. The collaborative brings together the knowledge, expertise and perspectives of academic, business and community change agents to strategically enhance leadership practice and effectiveness.